Details to consider for your email!
Your name – The artwork you would like to request (see below for details) – Any and all details that you want to be in the art, or considered – Any and all reference photos for specific ideas or characters – If you have specific dimension requirements – If you have a timeframe – If the work is for, or will be considered for, commercial work – Send to firstname.lastname@example.org
Cartoon portrait of yourself, a family member, an OC, or maybe a popular character!
Portraits are perfect for profile pictures, or just for fun!
Half body portraits land somewhere between the chest and knees
The half body size allows you a ton of room to add personality to your character!
Envision yourself or your character within the cartoon world with a full-body painting
Simple backgrounds have very few details but this can also draw more focus to the character!
Intermediate backgrounds fall somewhere between simple and complex, and can include more details
Complex backgrounds are incredibly time-consuming, but are an absolute joy to look at as you find new details every time!
Capturing our furry best friends in their cutest moments is a treasure to cherish forever. Feel free to commission animals alone!
Additional characters are priced the same as the initial character. [An additional angle of the initial character may be reduced in price, just ask!]
Props for characters can add an incredible amount of personality. Simple props are easy, but the more complex the prop is, the more the additional cost may be
Charcoal portraits are the definition of class. Even comedian Ken Jeong can look like a refined man from the 1800s!
Charcoal commissions are life-like digital paintings that are perfect for printing and hanging on the wall
Be the first to commission a full-body charcoal painting today!
While this is not a traditional size for charcoal, there is absolutely nothing stopping you from envisioning the unknown!
DOs and DON’Ts
- Persons and couples of all types
- Excluding what would be on the DONT’s list
- Fairly gorey scenes
- Original characters (OCs)
- Anything that could be considered offensive
- Graphic +18 content
- Gruesome gore
- Inappropriate or hateful content
Terms of Service
I. General Terms
- Prices are subject to change based on demand
- I have the right to reject any order for any reason
- Payment is accepted through PayPal
- Commissions can be paid either 100% upfront
- OR, split 50% upfront and 50% after sketch approval.
- Don’t send any payments before I have agreed to give you a slot and request you to send me the payment
III. Process and Delivery
- The time it takes to finish your commission varies from 2 weeks – 3 months depending on factors such as the complexity of the commissioned piece, the commission queue itself, and health
- Once the piece is finished you will receive the full-resolution image along with a web-friendly size. Note that there is no physical product. Commissions for cartoon or charcoal paintings are digital products
- You get 2 rounds of changes on the commissioned piece included in the price:
- After the initial sketch phase, (1)
- After the color proposal/sketch, (1)
- If the revision doesn’t meet expectations, please don’t hesitate to say anything!
- Additional changes after this may be subject to an extra charge:
- A fee will be added if you want something changed on the final drawing – unless a misunderstanding from my side has been made.
- If you wish for me to change something in the drawing you have previously approved, I will charge you a fee to change it. The amount of the extra charge depends on the change you want me to make and is usually based on an hourly wage
- Please provide the clearest possible reference photo(s) if you have something very specific in mind
V. Copyright & Usage
- I, “ARTIST NAME” (the artist):
- I reserve the right to cancel and refund the order at any time for any reason
- I retain all copyrights over the commissioned artwork
- I will NOT claim the intellectual property (IP) of the commissioned artwork
- I will NOT profit further from the commissioned artwork unless you (the customer) agree to my using the artwork further, or if you break any of the terms
- I reserve the right to post the commissioned artwork online, in my portfolio as well as in publications and on social media
- You (the customer/commissioner):
- You may upload the commissioned artwork on any website and social channels (Attributing myself is GREATLY appreciated)
- You may NOT make profits from the commissioned piece (reselling, redistributing, uploading to POD-services, make prints, etc.)
- You may NOT alter the commissioned artwork without my (the artist’s) consent
- You retain the rights to the intellectual property (IP)
- You may NOT use the commissioned artwork for commercial purposes without my (the artist’s) consent
- Artwork commissioned for commercial purposes does require a signed contract with both my signature (the artist’s) and the company’s contact’s signature
- In some cases, the commercial rights to the image may be purchased
- As commercial work requires a contract, you must clarify your intentions as soon as possible. If you ask for the commissioned work to be commercialized after the work is finished, I do retain the right to say no.
- The following is considered copyright infringement:
- Reproducing/using the copyrighted artwork commercially – means making money off it in any way not excluded from these terms
- Claiming the artwork as your own
- Altering the artwork without my consent
- Cropping out, or altering the image to get rid of, my (the artist’s) signature
VI. Cancellation & Refund Policy
- The buyer is not allowed a refund once I started working on the commission
- If for any reason I am unable to start your commission you WILL receive a full refund
- If you cancel your order before I started it, you CAN get a full refund
- If you are getting a refund, do not request a Paypal chargeback. I will transfer the money back to you myself
- If you request a Paypal chargeback at any point when you were not allowed to ask for a refund you will lose all beforementioned rights to the commissioned piece and I will have the full right to profit further from it in any way. I will decline the chargeback and supply Paypal with our conversations in which we talk about the commission as evidence that I have completed work for you. Furthermore, you will be blacklisted for commissioning me again.